Some publishers require citations to include the full journal title, while others require abbreviations. To address this issue, EndNote uses term lists. The term list corrects journals names and abbreviates them appropriately. If you have multiple EndNote libraries, you will need to import the journal term list separately for each library.
To Update your Journal Names or Term Lists:
- In EndNote, go to Edit, Preferences, select Term Lists. Uncheck the boxes for Update lists during data entry and Update lists when importing or pasting references. Choose Apply and OK.
Click here to view screenshot of step 1
- Next, go to Tools, Open Term Lists, Journals Term List.
Click here to view screenshot of step 2
- In the Terms tab, select all journals (Ctrl +A) and click Delete Term.
Click here to view screenshot of step 3
- In the Lists tab, select Journals and click Import List.
Click here to view screenshot of step 4
- You can find your term list under your Local Disk (C:), Program Files (x86), EndNote X8, Term Lists. Select Medical.txt and choose Open.
Click here to view screenshot of step 5